Virtual and In Person Group Workshops
I am now booking for 2023/2024 Contact me for a fees and availability schedule
I teach thread painting in different venues and I create a space where you can explore thread painting at your own pace. Whether you are a seasoned expert or brand new to the idea of thread painting, I will have a class for you.
Workshop 1: Beginner Thread Painting
Have you always wanted to try thread painting but didn't think you were skilled enough at sewing or artistic? This class gives you easy step-by-step instructions on how to tackle the basics. You will also get a chance to create patterns through thread painting by numbers, a simple easy to read pattern that takes the guesswork out of colour theory and shading.
Workshop 2: Landscape Thread Painting
Capture the serenity of a lake scene and the beauty of a pine on the shore. The design work is done for you so you don’t have to be able to draw but you can add your own flair! Learn shading and detail work with thread painting. This class is for a novice+ thread painter. (You should be comfortable with your machine and willing to experiment with free motion).
Workshop 3: Thread Painting a Heron
It’s all about shading, layers and details. Get some art theory and learn how to “see” the details in nature and apply them to your thread painting. This class explores shading and colour exercises and detail and stitching techniques on a great blue heron.
Workshop 4: Thread Painting Nature and Landscapes
Have you ever had that special scene, the memory from a vacation, a favourite view that you have always wanted to try in textiles? This is your chance to take that image and learn the steps from start to finish! I'll show you how to look at nature with a view to creating art, what is the magic formula for composition? I'll show you how to take it from image to pattern and translate that to the fabric. Learn tips on shading and technique but still have a chance to explore your own creativity.
All classes come with a packaged kit(variable pricing) that includes:
- a full pattern with stitch and colour selection guides
- included step by step instructions as well as tips and tricks through out
- numbered pattern guide for ease of colour placement( no design skills required!)
- printed on 100% recycled content paper or FSC certified papers.
- Custom designed pre-printed panel
- these pre-printed panels are printed sustainably with low impact inks and on organic materials
- printed in Canada
- threads are made from 100% recycled bottles into a product known as rPet ( recycled polyethylene tetraphyte)
- Tear-away stablizer
- Paper tear-away stablizer
- Low-profile spring hoop